Thank you for booking your holiday with us at Wild Mountains. We can’t wait to welcome you! Now the boring part. Please take a couple of minutes to read through our cancellation policy and terms and conditions as they do contain important information that forms part of the contract between you and Wild Mountains. Sorry all this is so formal but providing these details prior to your arrival means that you; other Wild Mountains guests and we all understand our obligations under the holiday contract, hopefully leading to a more enjoyable stay for everybody.
Wild Mountains cancellation policy
We take a minimum 50% deposit at time of booking. At this point your holiday is considered confirmed and the following cancellation charges come into effect. You are strongly advised to ensure that you have insurance to cover cancellation or curtailment of your holiday. If you wish to cancel your booking you can do so in writing within 7 days from date of booking and receive a refund of any deposit paid (unless you are booking less than 10 weeks prior to arrival). If we do not hear from you within this period you are deemed to have accepted our terms and conditions.
You may cancel your holiday with Wild Mountains at any time; however the following fee structure will apply:
Number of full weeks before arrival that
Cancellation charge based on total holiday cost
Written notification of cancellation is received
More than 8 weeks but within 7 days of booking*
Refund in full
More than 8 weeks
6 to 8 weeks
4 to 6 weeks
Less than 4 weeks
Premature termination of stay
Our 7 day cooling off period gives you time to read and understand our terms and conditions. Once the 7 days have lapsed you are deemed to have accepted our terms and conditions. This discretionary cooling off period only applies if you are booking 10 weeks or more prior to your arrival date.
Wild Mountains terms and conditions
1. Tent Rental –The rent of each tent includes the following, in addition to the facilities listed in the welcome pack:rental of tent, pitch, furnishings, parking, use of and access to designated areas of camp grounds, use of water, VAT where applicable. It is the policy of Wild Mountains that children and/or pets are not to be left unattended in the tents at any time.
2. Pets – well behaved pets are allowed subject to prior confirmation and approval. Please contact us if you would like to bring a pet as there will be an additional charge. Please also note that as the pet’s owner you are responsible for controlling your pet and clearing up after them. Remember – Dogs’ play where children play, so please clean up after they foul and use the bins provided. If pets become a nuisance to other users and the situation cannot be resolved we reserve the right to request that the pet be removed from site.
3. Incomplete payment/cancellation –where the balance of the payment for your holiday has not been paid 8 weeks prior to the commencement of your holiday, we will send you a reminder. If within 10 days of the reminder being sent the balance is still outstanding, then Wild Mountains will be entitled to rescind the agreement, retain the deposit, and then claim against you all losses incurred. In the case of cancellation more than 8 weeks before the commencement of your stay only the deposit will be forfeited. It is your responsibility to ensure you have appropriate insurance.
4. Administration charge –We reserve the right to levy an administration charge of £15 for amendments to your booking arrangements in addition to any other charges applicable. In principle, amendments are not permitted within 4 weeks of your arrival date.
5. Check in time is from 4.00pm-8.00pm on the day of arrival. If you think you will be arriving after 8.00pm please contact Wild Mountains on 01558 685681 on weekdays between 9am-5pm. If you arrive too late to be able to complete the check in procedure with a member of staff we cannot be held responsible for any loss, damage or injury that occurs between time of arrival and completion of the check in procedure. It is your responsibility to report to the duty manager at the lodge the next morning to complete the check in procedure and to be shown how to use the wood burning stove in your accommodation.
6. Behaviour –In order to make everyone’s stay at Wild Mountains enjoyable, all guests are requested to be considerate of others. Inappropriate or anti-social behaviour may lead to removal from Wild Mountains site without a refund of the rental sum or any part of it.
7. Noise - Please respect your fellow guests’ and neighbours privacy. Guests are not permitted to play amplified music at any time. After 10.00pm we request that all guests keep noise to a minimum in accommodation areas.
8. Liability – A. Wild Mountains can accept no liability for theft, loss or damage, of whatever nature, during or as a result of your stay. B. The person who books assumes responsibility for any other guests within his/her party, their companions, their children, their pets and any others invited by you or them to the site. You and all members of your party are jointly and severally responsible for all loss, damage or injury which may arise, for Wild Mountains camp or any third party, as a direct or an indirect consequence of your party’s stay. C. If your accommodation or equipment is left in a poor condition resulting in additional cleaning, repair or replacement, you may be charged to cover the costs incurred.
9. Force Majeure - Where any cancellation or change to your booking results from force majeure, our liabilities are limited to offering alternative accommodation (where available) or a full refund. We cannot pay any compensation or meet any expenses or costs you may incur as a result of any such cancellation or change. "Force majeure" means any circumstances beyond the reasonable control of Wild Mountains including, without limitation, an act of God, fire, flood, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, war or threat of war or acts or threat of acts of terrorism.
10. Wood Burning Stoves –Wood burning stoves may only be used once whoever is designated to operate the stove has had instruction from a member of staff and has signed our confirmation of instruction and disclaimer form. Operating / lit wood burning stoves are not to be left unattended at any time.
11. Complaints –Should you find you have any complaint during your stay at Wild Mountains, please notify us immediately and we will do all we can to rectify the problem. Please refer the matter to the duty manager if you feel it necessary. Should you remain unsatisfied please notify us in writing within 7 days of the end of your stay.
· It is your responsibility to ensure you and all members of your party are familiar with our terms and conditions.
· It is your responsibility to ensure you and all members of your party are covered by appropriate insurance.
· Camping can be dangerous. Although every care is taken in managing the various facilities, such as fire pits, wood burning stoves, camping gas stoves and streams, Wild Mountains cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage arising from any misadventure associated with any activity.
· Whilst part of the Wild Mountains experience is being free to roam around the area via its pathways, certain areas, specifically farmyards, may represent hazards and may not be accessed without specific permission. Guests who enter such areas do so at their own risk.
· The optional adventure activities provided by our partner companies are, to different degrees, potentially hazardous in nature and in subscribing to a given activity our guests accept that they have satisfied themselves to and are accepting any risk involved. Those with parental responsibility must recognise the degree of risk when signing the consent form.
· By completing a booking with Wild Mountains you and all members of your party are deemed to have accepted our terms and conditions.
CONTACT WILD MOUNTAINS
Please send all correspondence relating to Wild Mountains camp to:
Address: WILD MOUNTAINS, Cwmdu, Talley, SA19 7DY
Phone: +44 07738284594